Walton Enterprises is seeking a skilled, highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join the team as a Staff Accountant. The ideal teammate will have the demonstrated ability to analyze and process complex data.
About the Position
You’ll join a top-notch team and be responsible for reconciliations, analysis and preparation of financial statements and reporting for use by management and other stakeholders.
What you will do
You will work with a team of Senior Accountants and collaborate on a multitude of business entities covering a vast array of disciplines.
• Reconcile general ledger and bank accounts
• Maintain cash balances and oversee cash activity, including coordinating with various associates to ensure timely payment and high quality input to accounting software
• Support associates with Month/Quarter/Year End closing tasks and assist in preparation of financial statements and related schedules
• Coordinate with other staff to provide support for other finance and accounting projects
• Track business activities and supporting information
• Provide schedules and information to other departments as needed
• Analyze and prepare recommendations to management on process improvement
• Perform other duties as required and necessary to accomplish goals and objectives
Who we are looking for
Personal attributes that support your success
• Ability to act as a trusted advisor to principals and colleagues while demonstrating expertise and integrity
• You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
• You are results oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
• A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
• A visionary who plans for the future with imagination and wisdom
• You are dedicated to achieving excellence and work with others to tackle the tasks at hand
Additional Helpful Experience Includes
• One year of work experience in an accounting role within a professional setting or relevant internship experience
• Experience using Microsoft GP, Management Reporter, and SharePoint
• Working knowledge of payroll
About the Accounting Department
The Accounting Department provides a suite of services including accounts payable, accounts receivable, investment accounting, and grants administration. The accounting team supports the family households, Walton Enterprises, and the Walton Family Foundation.
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises (WEI) is a family office serving the personal and financial needs of multiple generations of the Walton family. Guided by Sam Walton’s values, WEI’s mission is to enable all family members to reach their personal, philanthropic, and business aspirations.
As the family’s wealth grows and a new generation takes on more meaningful roles, WEI is expanding the scope, depth and sophistication of its services, which include wealth management, legal, accounting, tax, risk management/insurance, technology, HR, construction, facilities management, as well as oversight of external resources and services for family members and their related entities. This is an exciting time to be part of this world class team.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
• Bachelors’ degree in accounting or related field
• Strong technical skills, including knowledge and use of Accounting Software, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook