Walton Enterprises is seeking a skilled, highly motivated and detail oriented individual to join the team as a Facilities Maintenance Technician. The ideal teammate will possess excellent customer service skills as well as technical knowledge needed to provide maintenance.
About the Position
You’ll join a top-notch team and provide maintenance services for assigned properties in our portfolio which include commercial, residential, and farming properties.
What you will do
You will be responsible for performing or supervising contractors who will perform routine building and home maintenance tasks in multiple areas including landscaping, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, and HVAC.
• Inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet.
• Perform minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools. Perform minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
• Perform minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
• Reconfigure, install, position, and remount modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
• Prepare the surfaces and paint various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
• Maintain landscaping which may include mowing.
• Clean personal and company vehicles, rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
• Order parts, equipment, furnishings, and appliances and maintain required documents.
• Drive and maintain company and personal use vehicles to work sites, alternate homes and/or dealerships for repairs if needed.
Who we are looking for
Personal attributes that support your success
• Customer service-you know how to communicate with teammates, colleagues, and business partners.
• Ability to act independently and perform tasks without close supervision
• Ability to serve as a trusted advisor to family clients, colleagues and consultants and exhibit humility, integrity and exercise sound judgement
• Relentless in the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement. You have a proven background of developing team members, enhancing processes, systems and platforms to increase operational efficiency. You empower others to make a difference
• A passion to serve in a way that demonstrates respect and care for family and staff, exceeds expectations and has fun along the way
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, controls or machines; reach with hands and arms; speak; hear; stoop; kneel; climb ladders; and crouch.
The associate must frequently lift or move up to 100 pounds.
About the Property Management Department
The Property Management team assists the family members with all property related activities including acquisition, design, and development. They manage a variety of properties including both personal and commercial real estate, vehicles, equipment, and other property related assets throughout the country. The Property Management team also supports the Walton Family Foundation and Walton Enterprises office buildings.
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises (WEI) is a family office serving the personal and financial needs of multiple generations of the Walton family. Guided by Sam Walton’s values, WEI’s mission is to enable all family members to reach their personal, philanthropic, and business aspirations.
As the family’s wealth grows and a new generation takes on more meaningful roles, WEI is expanding the scope, depth and sophistication of its services, which include wealth management, legal, accounting, tax, risk management/insurance, technology, HR, construction, facilities management, as well as oversight of external resources and services for family members and their related entities. This is an exciting time to be part of this world class team.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Qualifications required for your success
• Technical knowledge in one or more fields including landscaping, plumping, carpentry, electrical, HVAC
• Ability to work with computers and cell phones to track work orders and equipment warranties
• Ability to participate in a rotational on call program for after hours/weekend maintenance calls
Additional Helpful Experience Includes
• Certifications, licenses, or formal training in landscaping, plumping, carpentry, electrical, HVAC