Walton Enterprises is seeking a skilled, highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join the team as a Senior Accountant. The ideal teammate will have the demonstrated ability to prepare financial statements and reporting for use by management and other stakeholders.
About the Position
You will assist with the financial and operational activities for a multitude of business entities covering a vast array of disciplines.
• Manage relationship, consult and advise regarding finances, including reporting, forecasting, and budgeting for assigned clients
• Review simple financial statements and related schedules
• Analyze and prepare complex financial statements, including consolidations and related schedules
• Maintain cash balances and oversee cash activity, including coordinating with other staff to ensure timely payment and high-quality input to accounting software
• Delegate and collaborate with Accountants and Staff Accountants to ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting
• Present multi-faceted information and financial reports, providing additional analysis and information as needed
• Collaborate with other departments to prepare financial package presentations and build customized reports
• Coordinate with other staff to provide support for other finance and accounting projects•
• Track business activities and prepare supporting information
• Prepare journal entries for payroll, depreciation, investments and other areas as needed
• Provide support to tax department for compliance and tax return preparation
• Provide schedules and information to other departments as needed
• Analyze and prepare recommendations to management on process improvement
• Participate in mentoring and training activities and work reviews
• Perform other duties as required and necessary to accomplish goals and objectives
Who we are looking for
Personal attributes that support your success
• Ability to act as a trusted advisor to principals and colleagues while demonstrating expertise and integrity
• You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
• You are results oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
• A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
• A visionary who plans for the future with imagination and wisdom
• You are dedicated to achieving excellence and work with others to tackle the tasks at hand
About the Accounting Department
The Accounting Department provides a suite of services including accounts payable, accounts receivable, investment accounting, and grants administration. The accounting team supports the family households, Walton Enterprises, and the Walton Family Foundation.
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises (WEI) is a family office serving the personal and financial needs of multiple generations of the Walton family. Guided by Sam Walton’s values, WEI’s mission is to enable all family members to reach their personal, philanthropic, and business aspirations.
As the family’s wealth grows and a new generation takes on more meaningful roles, WEI is expanding the scope, depth and sophistication of its services, which include wealth management, legal, accounting, tax, risk management/insurance, technology, HR, construction, facilities management, as well as oversight of external resources and services for family members and their related entities. This is an exciting time to be part of this world class team.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
• Bachelors’ degree in accounting or related field
• Minimum 5 years work experience in an accounting role within a professional setting
• CPA certification or Master’s Degree preferred or a minimum of 8 years work experience in an accounting role within a professional setting
• Strong technical skills, including knowledge and use of Accounting Software, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Additional Helpful Experience Includes
• Experience using Microsoft GP, Management Reporter, and SharePoint
• Prefer work experience with payroll and/or business/individual tax preparation