You have an opportunity to join an exciting and rapidly growing organization that seeks to have a lasting, positive impact on the world. You will be an important member of our growing presence in Chicago and will have the opportunity to help this team scale.
Walton Enterprises is seeking a highly skilled Sr. Technician to provide support to our Chicago-based team. You will be primarily responsible for building, monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks for a team of 25-40 professional staff. In addition, you will provide support to other Walton Enterprise offices based on available capacity and need.
You will be responsible for providing excellent customer service by ensuring the proper functioning of user workstations, software and peripherals. You will provide first line support by installing, maintaining and repairing IT and A/V systems, networks, computers, websites and networking software systems. You will be customer facing, providing training and support to customers spanning all levels of the organization. You will ensure that our IT infrastructure is effective, efficient and reliable, and used to its maximum capabilities. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization that seeks to have a lasting, positive impact on the world.
Key Responsibilities - Direct
1. Install, test and update computer equipment (computers, servers, peripherals, operating systems and software applications).
2. Evaluate, test, implement and integrate new software applications.
3. Provide user support and basic training on computer hardware and software both in person and over the phone to remote users.
4. Provide executive level support experience to executives for office and in-home application.
5. Oversee the daily performance of computer and software systems. Prepare and provide procedural documentation and relevant customer service performance reports.
6. Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and working with vendors to solve problems with defective hardware products and malfunctioning software.
7. Set up and maintain printers, AV systems and other shared IT equipment, as needed, to ensure a simple, seamless and reliable user experience.
8. Provide mobile device support and synchronization with office hardware and software.
9. Participate in the development and management of the IT budget for the LTW Family Office and related entities.
Other Responsibilities - Through Partnerships
10. Coordinate cybersecurity training and protocol implementation across the office.
11. Protect assets by implementing appropriate enterprise risk management procedures, disaster recovery protocols and information security controls.
12. Recommend information technology strategies, policies and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
13. Lead or participate in special projects with significant IT implications, as needed.
14. Work with internal business partners and third parties to build and maintain the office website(s).
Success in this position requires a passion for operating in a support and service-oriented role, along with a commitment to high quality work, impeccable organizational skills, strong attention to detail, teamwork and relationship building, unquestionable ethics, and the ability to protect highly confidential information. The successful candidate is someone who can troubleshoot and solve problems on a moment’s notice, but also think strategically about I/T systems and solutions for the office. We are looking for someone who wants to learn and grow in the role and do whatever is needed to help the team to function efficiently and effectively and achieve bold goals. The job requires the ability to listen and understand concerns and issues from another person's perspective. The Sr. Technician will need to have strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users. This individual should be a key contributor to a positive and highly collaborative culture.
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises (WEI) is the family office that serves the personal and business needs of the family of Sam and Helen Walton. The primary mission of the family office is to promote family cohesiveness and to ensure the future sustainability and well-being of the family. Family office services provided include treasury, financial/accounting, tax, and personal administrative services for family clients and their related entities, including trusts and closely held businesses. Investment, legal, risk management/ insurance, IT, human resources and facilities management services are also provided to family clients and their affiliated entities and enterprises through WEI, as well as external resources overseen by the family enterprise. WEI offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a supportive environment.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
• Minimum 7 years of hardware and software support experience
• Telecommunication support experience
• IT teaching and/or training experience
• Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
• Experience with Windows and Mac operating systems and mobile device synchronization
• Demonstrated use of consistently good judgment in managing and protecting highly confidential information
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, engineering or related field
• Relevant certifications are an advantage
• High level of maturity and ability to work in a team setting and independently
• Previous experience managing an IT budget preferred