Walton Enterprises is seeking a proactive, detail oriented, and execution-focused individual to join the team as a Deputy Director of Impact Services.
About the Position
This position will be responsible for establishing and managing a new department within the Walton Personal Philanthropy Group that will be a resource and training center for more than a dozen philanthropy service teams that serve high net worth individuals in the extended Walton family. It will also facilitate connections and information sharing across the teams.
This position will report to the Head of Walton Personal Philanthropy Group (WPPG), which is part of Walton Enterprises, the family office of the family of Sam and Helen Walton. The position will be located in Denver, Colorado or Bentonville, Arkansas.
What you will do
• Identify and meet the knowledge and skill development needs of more than a dozen philanthropy teams across the country who manage and implement the philanthropy of individual high net worth individuals/families. These teams are located across the country and work on a wide variety of initiatives.
• Develop and continually manage resource center on best practices for philanthropy, impact strategy, impact investing, evaluation, and other related topics
• Identify and facilitate opportunities for information sharing among the philanthropy teams on topics of shared interest, best practice approaches, and job functions.
• Facilitate trainings for the philanthropy teams using a variety of approaches (in person, webinars, written resource guides, etc.)
• Develop and implement new employee onboarding/training for the WPPG team. Work with the Head of WPPG and the Deputy Director of Philanthropy Service to provide targeted development opportunities for members of the team.
• Find and connect the philanthropy service teams to relevant consultants in the field, as necessary
Whom we are looking for
You are an accomplished, inspirational, and strategic leader who is passionate about having impact and building services for your clients. You must possess the business acumen and leadership skills necessary be an effective liaison for the organization through a time of evolution and change. You must have the skills to foster an environment of creativity and innovation while serving as a consultant, trainer and influencer to the broader philanthropy organization.
Personal attributes that support your success
• Ability to act as a trusted advisor to principals and colleagues while demonstrating expertise, discretion and integrity
• You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
• You are results oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
• A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
• A visionary who plans for the future with imagination and wisdom
• You are dedicated to achieving excellence and work with others to tackle the tasks at hand
About the Walton Personal Philanthropy Group
The Walton Personal Philanthropy Group (WPPG) provides services to the family of Sam and Helen Walton to support their individual philanthropic activities. These services for the family and their related entities include program and grant management, impact strategy development and grant administration. WPPG is a part of Walton Enterprises, the family office of the Walton family.
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises (WEI) is a family office serving the personal and financial needs of multiple generations of the Walton family. Guided by Sam Walton’s values, WEI’s mission is to enable all family members to reach their personal, philanthropic, and business aspirations.
As the family’s wealth grows and a new generation takes on more meaningful roles, WEI is expanding the scope, depth and sophistication of its services, which include wealth management, legal, accounting, tax, risk management/insurance, technology, HR, construction, facilities management, as well as oversight of external resources and services for family members and their related entities. This is an exciting time to be part of this world class team.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Qualifications required for your success
• 7+ years of leadership and strategy experience with a mission driven consulting firm or philanthropy organization
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Strong client service skills and significant experience in a client service business (e.g., consulting).
• Excellent people development skills, with the ability to influence and coach staff without direct reporting relationship.
• Experience developing and facilitating training in person and virtually.
• Strong knowledge of best practices in the philanthropy sector at large and emerging trends.
• Ability to think strategically and identify emerging needs.
Additional Helpful Experience Includes
• Experience with impact-focused investments a plus.
• Grantmaking and/or foundation management
• Strong networking skills and good connections within the philanthropy sector
• Entrepreneurial or Intrapreneurial experience, taking and managing associated risks