Walton Enterprises (WEI) seeks a skilled, highly motivated senior communications professional to join the communications team as a Senior Communications Officer, reporting to the Director of the Walton Family Political and Communications office. The position is based in Bentonville Arkansas.
What you will do
A new position for this exciting and entrepreneurial organization, the Senior Communication Officer will lead development and execution of comprehensive communications strategies relating to a variety of philanthropic and business ventures. You will handle strategic planning, message development, media relations and collateral creation. You will coordinate with colleagues on integrated programs and engage with outside, related entities.
Specifics duties include the following:
• External communications
• Media relations management
• Message development
• Event support
• Collateral development
• Digital program development and support
• Internal communications programs
Who we are looking for
You are a highly creative, visionary, self-starter who enjoys building things from scratch. You are very comfortable managing multiple clients and complex projects at the same time. You are able to demonstrate strong political judgement, business acumen and experience with issue management. You are adept at serving as a trusted, strategic adviser to key stakeholders and possess a proven track record in executive communications and support.
Additional helpful experience includes
• Experience working on political campaigns or at communications agencies
• Experience writing and managing communications for a variety of social media channels
• Adept in the use of social media with keen awareness of appropriate communication for each platform
Characteristics that will support your success
• A trusted advisor to clients, colleagues and consultants who exhibits humility, integrity and exercises sound judgement
• Relentless in the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement; has a proven background of developing team members, enhancing processes, systems and platforms to increase operational efficiency; empowers others to make a difference
• A passion to serve in a way that demonstrates respect and care for clients and staff, exceeds expectations and has fun along the way
• Ability to create and nurture a network of experts, across all aspects of the family office, who can provide insights and ideas that will help ensure WEI remains a world class family office
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
• 7+ years of strategic communications experience
• Resident or previous resident of Arkansas or highly familiar with Arkansas along with strong knowledge of Arkansas communications environment.