Wend is a collective seeking to shift the dynamics of power from an exclusive system that benefits few to an equitable one that sustains all.
Through inquiry and expertise, we invest in educational opportunities, environmental sustainability, indigenous knowledge, and artist initiatives. We work to establish enduring systems of trust, transparency, and equity, for people and planet.
Wend beliefs and values:
● We are all related.
● We believe individual evolution fuels change.
● We are in service of the systemically oppressed.
● We value connection to and through community.
● We are seeking.
● We honor nature as a teacher.
● We lead with love, candor and humility.
Quiet, a fund within Wend, is a human centered model for arts and culture that is led by artists for artists. Quiet is an artist-first model based on value alignment, self care, and artistic sovereignty. A model based on the principles of natural law and traditional arts patronage. A model that demonstrates that abundance is created by giving. We invest in and cultivate cultural currency. This currency is unique as it increases by giving and cannot be owned by individuals. A currency aligned with the creative process. A currency that elevates consciousness, builds community, and impacts culture.
We are seeking a skilled, highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to support key members of our decentralized team with both personal and business needs as well as support across a range of activities within Quiet Fund.
About the Position
Specific duties include the following:
● Assist with general correspondence, requests for information, creation and updating of files and records and expense reporting
● Calendar management, scheduling of appointments and meetings, and make travel arrangements
● Support Los Angeles team with agenda tracking and setting, action item reporting, quarterly and annual report development and other reports
● Quiet Project management and administrative support, including but not limited to tracking and routing agreements, gathering data for weekly reports, and event planning and management
● Maintain work reports and impact tracking for project(s)
● Assisting with personal shopping and other household errands
● Point person for LA office space maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
● Provide general support to visitors
● Manage setup and ongoing oversight of any technology needs (wifi, printers, etc.)
● Other projects as assigned
Who we are looking for someone who:
● Understands the value of people's time and are dedicated to making life easier
● A proactive communicator who can anticipate needs and react accordingly
● Works well in unknown or unfamiliar circumstances with an ability to maintain a calm demeanor and grace under pressure
● Is able to maintain discretion (confidentiality agreement is required)
● Can be relied upon to find the best solution, no matter how ordinary or unusual the request
● Thrives on being detail-oriented, thorough and thoughtful about all tasks, large or small
● Completely hands on and prides themselves on gaining personalized knowledge of the team, ensuring unprecedented service and personalized guidance
● Has strong interpersonal and communication skills with an approachable personality which allows them to take action on behalf of the executive
● Values humility and vulnerability, leaving ego at the door, always
● Is a self-motivated and self-managed team player
● Is passionate about and committed to the goals of the organization but is able to adapt as the goals and organization evolves
● Is positive and collaborative with unquestionable ethics and personal integrity
● Tangible work experience in an administrative role in an office environment requiring interaction with both internal and external stakeholders
● Proficient in Google Docs and Slack
● Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team, as well as independently