The Walton Family Political and Communications Office (PCO) is seeking a skilled, highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join the team as an Office Coordinator. The ideal teammate will have the demonstrated ability to improve processes and provide support to a team.
About the Position
You will join a top-notch team and support the administration and processes of the office.
• Provide executive administrative support to all department staff
• Make travel arrangements and reconcile expenses
• Provide budget management for key projects and teams
• Manage compliance protocols for advocacy programs
• Scheduling meetings and behalf of/for teammates
• Coordinate and plan events and luncheons
• Logistics and material preparation
• Develop collateral materials
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations and Excel reports in support of office initiatives and projects
• Provide communications and research support
• Maintain significant files, manage spreadsheets and trackers with department staff on key projects
• Coordinate and maintain conference room scheduling
• Oversee office-related vendors and suppliers
• Assist with administrative and program support tasks
Who we are looking for
You’re proactive and approach each task with a can-do attitude. You have an eye for detail and excellent time management skills. You’re a natural communicator and use that skill to work collaboratively with teammates.
Personal attributes that support your success
• Ability to act as a trusted advisor to principals and colleagues while demonstrating expertise and integrity
• You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
• You are results oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
• A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
• A visionary who plans for the future with imagination and wisdom
• You are dedicated to achieving excellence and work with others to tackle the tasks at hand
• Time management skills, the ability to work independently with little to moderate supervision, willingness to take initiative, and capacity to take on additional projects.
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises (WEI) is a family office serving the personal and financial needs of multiple generations of the Walton family. Guided by Sam Walton’s values, WEI’s mission is to enable all family members to reach their personal, philanthropic, and business aspirations.
As the family’s wealth grows and a new generation takes on more meaningful roles, WEI is expanding the scope, depth and sophistication of its services, which include wealth management, legal, accounting, tax, risk management/insurance, technology, HR, construction, facilities management, as well as oversight of external resources and services for family members and their related entities. This is an exciting time to be part of this world class team.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
2+ years of work experience overseeing office operations, planning events and dealing with external vendors and suppliers
• Demonstrated writing ability
• Proven project management and organization skills
• Interest in and familiarity with politics
• Strong administrative skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.