Walton Enterprises is seeking a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join the team as a Risk Analyst. The ideal teammate will possess excellent communication skills, be a disciplined self-starter, ambitious to grow professionally specific to the Risk Management and Insurance Industry.
About the Position
The Risk Analyst is responsible for supporting the department's management of diverse insurance programs with various complexities for multi-line domestic & international programs.
What you will do
You will be responsible for the day-to-day servicing support of our Family Personal Lines Portfolio and complex Commercial Accounts Portfolio, reporting directly to the Director of Insurance and Risk Management. You will establish and develop consultative relationships with our internal clients and our Broker. You will support and occasionally lead the development of internal processes and procedures for the department, including the implementation of our Agency Management System and support the department performing risk analytics, risk assessment, and financial reporting metrics for our Portfolio.
• Project a basic understanding of finance, risk assessment, and risk mitigation
• Actively build trusting relationships with clients, insurance company partners, brokers, and the firm's advisors, partners, and leaders through personal integrity and industry expertise
• Identify and asses risk for each program within our Portfolio against the current insurance industry state of the market and relevant US and worldwide trends
• Lead the information gathering phase of each renewal, and subsequent application and submission preparation for the markets
• Identify and assess risk for each program within our Portfolio against the current insurance industry state of the market and trends
• Analyze program renewal results and contribute to, and/or lead the Renewal Proposal Presentation preparation including coverage and pricing comparisons, financial metrics demonstrating results, and applicable industry statistics
• Assess final audits, insurance policies and endorsements to ensure accuracy between client and insurance company partner, and initiate corrections or changes through Broker
• Responsible for day to day service support needs for all levels of account management as assigned, or at the direction of the Director of Insurance and Risk Management.
Who we are looking for
Personal attributes that support your success
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills that inspire loyalty and commitment from others
• Ability to apply education and past experiences to analyze risk exposures
• Desire to grow technical knowledge of insurance coverage, contracts, insurance market conditions
• Ability to make sound judgments and decisions based on objective analysis and multiple perspectives
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Demonstrates the firm's core values, exuding behavior that is aligned with corporate culture
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises (WEI) is a family office serving the personal and financial needs of multiple generations of the Walton family. Guided by Sam and Helen Walton’s values, WEI’s mission is to enable all family members to reach their personal, philanthropic, and business aspirations.
As the family's wealth grows and a new generation takes on more meaningful roles, WEI is expanding the scope, depth, and sophistication of its services, which include wealth management, legal, accounting, tax, risk management/insurance, technology, HR, construction, facilities management, as well as oversight of external resources and services for family members and their related entities. This is an exciting time to be part of this world-class team.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, the status of protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Qualifications required for your success
• Customer Service experience
• Financial Reporting/Risk Assessment experience
Additional Helpful Experience Includes
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Risk Management preferred
• 3+ years’ experience in finance or insurance industry
• Insurance industry certifications a plus