Walton Enterprises is seeking a qualified Construction Manager II position to support the team in managing a high volume of projects. This position offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced, entrepreneurial professional with broad knowledge across the disciplines of residential, commercial, retail/restaurant, planning and design as a construction project manager.
About the Position
You will assist in managing multiple construction projects that are in various stages of design and completion as well as new project initiation. Continued development of company policies and procedures along with standardized templates for contractual obligations will be required.
• Development of project time line schedules and assist with project budgets
• Oversee and direct design for Civil, Architectural, MEP, Fire Protection, BA, AV/IT and FF&E’s.
• Day to day oversight of new construction projects from conception to completion
• Process cost reports, track invoices, and applicable insurance per project.
• Negotiate terms and agreements, draft contracts for approvals and signatures
• Work and develop vendors of owner supplied equipment and services
• Review all work in progress for contractual performance and quality
• Prepare internal reports pertaining to job status and budget and presentation to ownership
• Commissioning and hand off to property management and ownership
• Continuing development of community and professional relationships
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong skills for project management, contract administration, budget development/tracking, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, which will instill confidence and enable them to become a trusted advisor for family members on various construction projects.
Personal attributes that support your success
• Strategic thinker, with vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, who anticipates issues, understands outcomes and effects solutions on a proactive basis
• Ability to serve as a trusted advisor to family clients, colleagues and consultants and exhibit humility, integrity and exercise sound judgement
• Relentless in the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement. You have a proven background of developing team members, enhancing processes, systems and platforms to increase operational efficiency. You empower others to make a difference
• A passion to serve in a way that demonstrates respect and care for family and staff, exceeds expectations and has fun along the way
Additional Helpful Experience Includes
• BS in construction management or equivalent experience in architecture, civil engineering or related field
• Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
• Experience planning/building elementary and secondary schools
• Competent in conflict resolution and crisis management
• Resourceful with a network of advisors and/or the ability to access appropriate advisors to institute best practices in serving the needs of the family.
About the Construction Management Team
The Construction Management team assists the family members with all property related activities such as assistance with property acquisition, design development, and project team selections. They manage a variety of properties including personal, commercial, educational, and industrial real estate. They also manage other property related assets throughout the country. The Construction Management team supports the philanthropic and business aspirations of the Walton family members, the Walton Family Foundation, and Walton Enterprises.
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises (WEI) is a family office serving the personal and financial needs of multiple generations of the Walton family. Guided by Sam Walton’s values, WEI’s mission is to enable all family members to reach their personal, philanthropic, and business aspirations.
As the family’s wealth grows and a new generation takes on more meaningful roles, WEI is expanding the scope, depth and sophistication of its services, which include wealth management, legal, accounting, tax, risk management/insurance, technology, HR, construction, facilities management, as well as oversight of external resources and services for family members and their related entities. This is an exciting time to be part of this world class team.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
• Minimum of 5 years of Construction Management
• Demonstrated knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
• Demonstrated knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant building codes, regulations and quality standards
• Familiarity with construction management software packages
• Willingness to travel 10-25%.