Art Bridges is looking for an experienced Community Manager to deepen their relationship with the Art Bridges Partner community. The successful candidate should be experienced in social media and communications, with a proven ability of developing engaging content and building communities online.
About the Position
You’ll join a top-notch team that has engaged with a top tier design firm to build a new, multi-functional website that will launch this spring.
As the Community Manager, you will act as the face and voice for Art Bridges while moderating online and offline conversations with Art Bridges partners around the country. Exceptional oral and written communication skills are extremely important for this role.
What you will do
You will launch community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, collaborating on an email newsletter) and identify and track relevant community metrics using analytics tools to help drive strategy.
• Build relationships with Art Bridges partners, potential partners, museum and foundation professionals, and our general audience
• Conceive, build and implement social media and digital communication campaigns via Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter to align with Art Bridges development and marketing strategies to increase engagement with the Art Bridges Partner Community
• Contribute content to the Art Bridges website
• Coordinate with Marketing, PR/Communications and Website Management teams to ensure brand and messaging consistency
• Respond to comments and partner inquiries in a timely manner
• Moderate interaction between Art Bridges Partners in our web portal and social media accounts
• Monitor and report on feedback and online commentary
• Optimize photography and videography used in social media posts
• Stay ahead of digital technology and museum trends
Who we are looking for
You are a strong and empathetic listener and are able to respond to the needs of museum professionals at every level, from small to large institutions. You have experience in museum education and evaluation. You have a network of peers in the industry that you can leverage as a resource.
Personal attributes that support your success
• A great sense of humor, and a passion for the power of the arts
• Enthusiasm about joining an organization that’s new, evolving, and poised to have major impact on the art museum field
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to “self-start” and exhibit a high degree of initiative
• Ability to multi-task and think critically in a busy work environment
• Able to creatively and effectively problem solve
Occasionally, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel independently regionally and in communities served. In the work environment described below, position requires working at a desk and utilizing a computer and a telephone for prolonged periods of time and good eye/hand coordination, bending and stretching for filing, and physical stamina to lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a height of at least three feet for art materials storage and preparation and as appropriate for the demands of the division office. Visual acuity to review written materials is required for this job.
Work will be performed in an office environment, museum spaces, and in communities served. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. The noise level in the Museum work environment is usually low to moderate.
About Art Bridges
Art Bridges is a new foundation, founded by Alice Walton, whose mission is to expand access to American art in all regions across the nation. Art Bridges organizes and administrates exhibitions of American art at public and academic art museums of all sizes. These exhibitions draw from Art Bridges’ growing collection, and the collections of partner institutions, foundations, and private collectors.
The exhibitions supported by Art Bridges are engaging, content-rich, and include in-depth educational and interpretive materials. They range from single-object loans to fully developed thematic exhibitions, and include support for programming, community outreach, audience engagement, and meaningful evaluation.
Art Bridges is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
• 3+ years of experience in social media, copywriting and/or community management, preferably in a museum environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant field
• Advanced capabilities with social media platforms to include Instagram and Facebook
• Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail, critical-thinker, and problem-solver
• Forward thinking / Early adopter of technology
• Experience using Google Analytics
• Intermediate to advanced Google Suite and Microsoft Suite skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Graphic design, video editing and photography experience preferred
• Demonstrated English skills in accuracy, proofreading, grammar, spelling, and attention to detail
• Proficiency with office technology, including standard office equipment (telephone, fax, copier, computers, projectors) and web-based solutions (conference calls, video conferences, etc.)
• Strong organizational skills
• Valid driver’s license required
• Willing and able to travel regionally