Heartland Forward is seeking a skilled program and communications individual to join the organization as its intern in Bentonville, Arkansas.
About the Position
Your principal duties and responsibilities will be to contribute to Heartland Forward’s program across a range of high-profile and time-critical projects.
This position will assist the Heartland Forward team as they work to turn their research into action by increasing brand awareness, creating new partnerships, positioning Heartland Forward as a leader on policy solutions and a resource to help strengthen Heartland communities. Much of the team’s program efforts will be assisting state and local-level initiatives to support the team to implement policy in innovation and entrepreneurship, digital divide, etc.. This position will also assist Heartland Forward and its leadership team to engage leaders, policymakers, investors, education institutions and our broader Heartland network, in addition to supporting administrative efforts related to Heartland Forward’s flagship event, Heartland Summit.
This position will report to the Heartland Forward’s Chief Program Officer and Executive Director and assist the Communications and Development Executive and team in driving the agenda of Heartland Forward.
Conditions of Contract
• This is a temporary contract with a possible extension, subject to performance review.
• Standard working hours are 20-25 hours per week. We are open to considering flexible working options if requested.
We provide a stipend
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis as qualified applicants are identified. We will accept applications until we fill the position.
About Heartland Forward:
Heartland Forward's mission is to improve economic performance in the center of the United States by advocating for fact-based solutions to foster job creation, knowledge-based and inclusive growth and improved health outcomes. We conduct independent, data-driven research to facilitate action-oriented discussion and impactful policy recommendations.
Heartland Forward is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Who we are looking for:
• Under graduate or graduate in relevant subject (e.g., Business, Communications, Marketing , Policy) or equivalent qualifications or experience in policy programs or communications.
• Excellent writing skills and computer skills, especially with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Experience with communications in a public and one on one setting
• Ability to analyze and summarize data efficiently and compellingly
• Independent worker and a team player