Walton Enterprises is seeking a skilled, highly motivated, and collaborative individual to join the team as a People Partner on our People Team.
About the Position
You’ll join a top-notch team and support strategic and operational objectives by managing and measuring HR performance standards, best practices, and systems structure. You will also design, organize, manage, and plan complex HR projects for the organizations research, development, and product implementation efforts.
What you will do
As People Partner, you will identify and assist in designing and implementing HR related solutions, ensuring these adhere to the organizations objectives and policies. You will analyze and evaluate data and reports, relaying the findings to relevant leaders and advising on actions and improvements needed. You will plan, direct, and implement a variety of HR programs which may include engagement strategies, training, researching, updating policies and creating HR documents. You may also coach others in the company on HR processes and systems. You will work on projects to provide a comprehensive suite of workforce analysis and consulting solutions including, but not limited to, compensation and benefits, staffing and operational consulting services.
The People Partner’s diverse slate of projects may include:
• Build and manage collaborative relationships with leaders and their teams. Ensure day to day customer needs are met and survey to improve the support to them
• Collect and compile metrics and data from a variety of sources including the human resource information system (HRIS) and payroll outputs, management, and employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, government labor statistics, competitors’ practices, and other sources
• Analyze data for trends and patterns with attention to recruitment, hiring practices, retention, turnover, and compliance with employment laws and regulations
• Execute companywide HR initiatives supported by playbooks and processes throughout the year
• Evaluate engagement through surveys and follow up with leaders on actionable items to address results
• Implement and follow up to ensure people policies and processes are legally supported and in compliance with laws at the federal and state level
• Recommend and action reasonable short- and long-term goals, milestones, and benchmarks for key performance metrics
• Based on metrics and analysis, make recommendations for policies and activities to improve the organizational culture to motivate and retain employees, to address staffing issues, and to maintain legal compliance
• Support diversity, inclusion, and equity work by partnering with various leader and associates to maintain an inclusive, working environment
• Formulate and continually re-assess the appropriate project management approach and project management skill set / resourcing mix across internal and external partners to ensure all project tasks are successfully completed and overall objectives are achieved. Follow up to ensure results are maintained
• Collaborate with resources from other HR functions, IT, Corporate Communications, business units, and other stakeholders as appropriate
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations
• Coach, mentor, and lead project team members; Influencing project team to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
• Manage Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) with vendors relating to HR projects, including recommendations for selection
• Support the ongoing development of best practices and tools for HR project management and execution
• Ensuring compliance with IRS, Department of Labor, HIPAA, COBRA, and other federal and state regulations and best practices
• Assisting HR leadership and cross functional partners with forecasting of costs and departmental budgets
• Advising and assisting with performance, benefit, and compensation reviews and evaluation processes
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for an HR professional who is an expert at collaboration, creating and delivering reports, charts, presentations, and training across the business when required. Having strong communication skills is key as you will build relationships with employees at all levels and liaise with HR partners and other internal and external clients. The position can be demanding and requires juggling and prioritizing of many projects.
About the People Team:
The People Team provides a suite of services including recruiting, payroll processing, benefits design and administration, training, and development. The team serves as trusted advisors and oversees several initiatives including diversity, equity, and inclusion. The People Team is committed to creating an environment in which every associate thrives.
About Walton Enterprises:
Walton Enterprises supports the personal, philanthropic and business activity for the Walton family. We are a family-led organization, supporting multiple generations of Sam & Helen Walton’s family.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Requirements for your success
• Five or more years of experience in HR operations and employee relations
• Previous HR project management experience, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience with HR project management tools and methods to include risk management, strategic planning, and change management
• Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal laws involving compensation and employee benefits, employment, HR, and HR policies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including abilities to identify audience appropriate delivery and to lead through challenging situations
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate when appropriate
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with ability to produce detailed and complex spreadsheets, charts, and presentations
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS, payroll, and similar employee management software (Workday)
Personal attributes that support your success
• Ability to act as a trusted advisor to business leaders while demonstrating expertise and integrity
• Helpful team player who respectfully collaborates with others
• Results oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
• A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
• A visionary who plans for the future with imagination and wisdom
• Dedicated to achieving excellence and work with others to tackle the tasks at hand