Heartland Forward is seeking a skilled individual to join the organization as its research intern in Bentonville, Arkansas.
As the Research Intern, the incumbent’s primary responsibility will be to advance Heartland Forward’s research program across a range of high-profile and time-critical projects. The intern will assist with active research projects focused on transforming the Heartland’s economies through our four pillars of economic development:
• Innovation and entrepreneurship
• Human capital and workforce development
• Health and wellness
• Regional competitiveness
Specific projects in which the intern may be engaged include:
• Analysis of broadband affordability survey data and publication of the policymaker guidebook
• Development of metrics to assess the preparedness and efficacy of university-based technology transfer programs
• Assessment and ranking of communities based upon their capacity to support innovation and entrepreneurship activities
As a member of the research team, the intern will be expected to participate in Research team and Heartland Forward staff meetings, meetings with partner organizations (as appropriate), and other events.
Conditions of Contract
• This is a temporary contract with a possible extension, subject to performance review.
• Standard, full-time working hours are 40 hours per week. We are open to considering flexible
working options if requested.
We provide a stipend dependent upon experience
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis as qualified applicants are identified. We will accept applications until we fill the position.
• Undergraduate student in relevant subject (e.g., social sciences, economics, data science, mathematics, statistics) or equivalent qualifications or experience in a research capacity with qualitative and/or quantitative data collection and analysis
• Excellent writing skills and computer skills, especially with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to analyze and summarize data efficiently and compellingly
• Independent worker and a team player
• Enrollment in a graduate field of study preferred
• Previous research experience preferred
• Experience coding in STATA, R or Python
• Experience with GIS and mapping programs