Walton Enterprises is seeking a skilled, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial individual to join the team as a Senior People Partner. The ideal teammate will have the demonstrated ability to lead company-wide Associate Learning and DEI projects and initiatives, and act as a trusted People Advisor to the Walton Family and their entity representatives.
About the Position
You’ll join a top-notch team and help deliver the company’s mission by supporting all WEI associates in their workplace experience, ensuring associates feel a strong sense of belonging, are engaged in their work and living the cultural behaviors, and that associates have the support needed to deliver their goals and objectives in an efficient and effective manner.
What you will do
You will oversee all learning and educational programs within our organization. You will identify associate learning needs based on skills gap analysis and develop group and individual learning opportunities. You will work with managers across the organization to embed learning in regularly occurring team meetings. You will set managers up for success with leader-led training. This role also maintains a consistent culture in the business regarding learning and development and is responsible for the creation, implementation, and improvement of all business-wide learning and education efforts.
Associate Development Responsibilities
• Plans, organizes, and leads associate learning initiatives, ensuring proper execution at all levels of the department.
• Strategically develops effective learning and educational programs and materials.
• Ensures consistency in the delivery and application of learning and education standards across the business and oversees the planning, prioritization, and development of new learning and education initiatives, ensuring that these programs and initiatives are consistent with the business overall strategies, objectives, and needs.
• Conducts analyses to identify and define present and future learning and education needs.
• Works closely with the leadership and management of all departments to ensure progress against targets and goals.
• Creates the development and documentation of the learning path for key positions within the business and communicating this information as needed.
• Conducts participant feedback surveys and follow-up studies on all completed training programs in order to evaluate and measure results and draw reports for senior leaders and key stakeholders.
• Introduces the latest and most applicable trends in training and development for inclusion in the overall strategy, constantly maintaining and updating training programs, and ensuring an innovative approach within the business.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Responsibilities
• Set the strategic vision for the organization’s DEI commitment to our internal associates
• Act as a close advisor and thought partner to the leadership team on issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Ensures DEI practices and focus continue to be embedded in the priorities and actions of the organization’s strategic plans
• Strengthens DEI practices through knowledge sharing and research contributions
• Collaborates with HR partners and the leadership team to identify strategic partners who will support the organization’s DEI commitment
• Assists in broadening the organization’s reach through accessing diverse networks for communications, recruitment, etc.
• Supports broader efforts across Walton Enterprises to implement an inclusion and equity learning agenda, teambuilding, and culture-building activities
• Instill knowledge and best practices related to racial equity and cultural literacy and other aspects of diversity and inclusion into the organization
• You will design/develop and lead Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives for the company in partnership with the leadership team and our associate-led DEI committees ensuring our organizational practices achieve our DEI vision.
About the People Department
The People Team provides a suite of services including recruiting, payroll processing, benefits administration, training, and development. The team serves as trusted advisors and oversees several initiatives including diversity, equity, and inclusion. The People Team is committed to creating an environment in which every associate thrives.
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises supports the personal, philanthropic, and business activity for the Walton family. We are a family-led organization, supporting multiple generations of Sam & Helen Walton’s family.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Who we are looking for
You are passionate about adult learning, DEI and excited about the prospect of leading by example. To be successful in this role, you must be highly experienced, motivated, and dedicated to quality programs across the business.
Required for your success
• 10+ years of People/HR experience in leading projects from design and development through implementation, measurement, and reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree and advanced degree strongly preferred (Open to consideration of robust and relevant work experience)
• In-depth understanding and application of traditional and modern learning methods
• A proven track record of learning and education results, management and designing educational curriculum in a corporate environment
• Excellent leadership, facilitation, and communication skills
• Deep passion for creating an inclusive and equitable community of learning and practice
• Commitment to honest and candid conversations and self-reflection about race, racial justice, privilege, social class, and power dynamics, especially in the philanthropic context
• Deep, authentic knowledge with formal training in racial justice and equity and experience applying racial equity practices to organizational development and programs
• Experience working with senior leaders and staff in driving a DEI vision that aligns with the needs and culture of an organization
• Proven leadership in planning, implementing, and evaluating diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives aligned with organizational mission
• Experience as a collaborative leader with the ability to drive simultaneous initiatives and projects to measurable success
• Demonstrated experience as a communicator comfortable in dialogue with a broad range of individuals at all levels of understanding of multicultural inclusion, non-discrimination, and anti-racism
Additional Helpful Experience Includes
• Professional certification, such as CPTM, is preferred
• Proficiency in Learning Management Systems (LMS)
• Project management certification
• Experience working with foundations and or non-profits a huge plus
Personal attributes that support your success
• Ability to serve as a trusted advisor to family, clients, colleagues and consultants and exhibit humility, integrity, and exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to operate at strategic level and be proficient in managing and administering systems and processes.
• Relentless in the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement with a proven background of developing team members, enhancing processes, systems, and platforms to increase operational efficiency.
• A passion to serve in a way that demonstrates respect and care for family and staff, exceeding expectations and having fun along the way!